Friday, March 14, 2008

I Just Don't Get Fashion

Just by looking at me you would immediately realize I don't have any fashion sense, considering I wander around in jeans and tennis shoes more often than not. So would someone please explain to me how what we see on the runways relates to what we find on the racks in stores? I know that The Devil Wears Prada's antagonist went into a lengthy explanation about how high fashion filters down to us lowly peons out in the real world, but I'm still confused.


This looks like a sleeper-type thing for a baby.




Cross between a pastry crust and a feather-boa ski mask?




Yes, Mr. Grinch, this is what all the Whos
in Whoville are wearing right now.






I guess you're just not supposed to sit down when wearing these...





Believe it or not, this is not a Halloween costume. (At least I don't think it is.)





What the ????? I guess this is for people who like the feel of
a purse without an actual purse?




And I know they have to be anorexic to make the clothes "hang well," but do they have to look like we just dug them up from the nearest cemetery?





Side note:
The funniest thing I heard about fashion shows recently was that Spencer Pratt (the evil boyfriend of Heidi on the "reality" show The Hills), actually wanted to be paid to sit in the front row of a show where the designer had already given him free clothes. Say it with me folks: What. A. Tool.

No comments: