Monday, February 13, 2012

Makeup Monday: Dolly Parton


I don't necessarily think of Dolly Parton when I'm thinking of trying new makeup looks. But she is quite famous for her hair and makeup. I read this excerpt from her book, My Life and Other Unfinished Business and thought it was great. (Found on Glamourologist.)


I like that she never seems to care what the current trend is or what is deemed classy or appropriate. She goes with what she likes and wants to look like.

We should all be so bold and brave.


I also like that she never seems to take herself or her looks too seriously.


"I describe my look as a blend of Mother Goose, Cinderella, and the local hooker."




"You can do it in good taste, but if you want to look like the town tramp like me, you can."




"I'm just a backwoods Barbie, too much makeup, too much hair. But, don't be fooled by thinkin' that the goods are not all there."




"If I see something saggin', draggin' or baggin', I get it sucked, tucked or plucked. It takes a lot of money to look as cheap as I look."




"Those old seeds of doubt about my looks have grown into quite a bumper crop for many a makeup artist, wig maker and plastic surgeon."



"I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb . . . I also know that I'm not blonde."


Just some fun for your Monday.

No comments: