Monday, May 5, 2008

National Teacher Appreciation Week



The first full week of May each year is National Teacher Appreciation Week. Having been a teacher, I know how much it means to get a small token of appreciation during this time. I loved getting hand-written notes from families letting me know they've seen all the hard work I'd put in throughout the year. Some even gave me small gifts and flowers, but the notes were the best. So take a few minutes this week to thank your child's teacher. And wish them a happy Teacher's Day tomorrow. It will mean the world to them.


I decided it would be fun to bake cookies for Paul and Ralphie's teachers, and they were very excited about the prospect of getting to eat some of the leftovers. It turns out they got to eat some of the first batch, even though I told them originally it was reserved for the gifts. Turns out since I hadn't ever baked cookies in this particular oven before, I didn't realize how hot it ran and I burnt the bottom (see the lovely picture below). The boys didn't mind, they just ate the tops off.


For more ideas on what you can do to show your children's teacher how much you appreciate them, look on the national PTA site.

No comments: