Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Compost Away Your Worries About Identity Theft


The other day I was happy to read about putting shredded paper on compost. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, as I'd heard of other paper products in compost. I guess I'm just so used to seeing my parents using mostly garden waste in theirs.

As long as it's not glossy magazine paper, I can shred my bills (I suppose I should pay them first), old bank and credit-card statements, and junk mail (which I'm having a heck of a time trying to stop delivery). Plus, I don't have to worry about anyone finding account numbers, etc., as they'll be buried under leaves and other debris.

I had a full bin from the shredder that was waiting to be recycled, so I gleefully dumped it onto the pile. The dogs were kind enough to help me tamp it down:

Canine Compost Inspection Service
On call 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
Call 1-800-DIG-DIRT


All my top-secret information is now decomposing under a gigantic pile of some purple, viney plant I cut back in the front yard. Now I know what to do with government secrets if I ever become a spy...

No comments: