Thursday, August 21, 2008

Felted Purse

After my first attempt at felting turned out to be a little too small, I started big with my purse. It took quite a while as I used a pretty small crochet hook, but I think I'll be able to use a larger one next time. I might have to wash it a little bit longer, but I think it will still felt together just fine.

Here's the purse before felting:



And after:


The difference isn't as dramatic as others I've seen, since I started with such small stitches.

I repurposed an old button from a coat I no longer have. The straps are a bit uneven in length; I'll have to actually measure next time! But for a sample, it's not too bad. I'm going to try making more for Christmas presents; I have to start now!

1 comment:

AriesChild said...

That came out pretty cool. I just realized you were wearing that today : )