Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten on Tuesday ~ Silly Happy Things


Today's Ten on Tuesday is all about those little silly things that make you happy. Don't you wish we had more of those in life? I do, especially since I'm about to leave work and go shell out $750 for a new clutch. Ouch.

1. The Spongebob Squarepants theme song. It makes me laugh every time I hear it and I always sing along, much to my stepsons' amusement. I couldn't find a good version on YouTube that would let me embed it, but here's the link to a video. Here are the lyrics if you'd like to sing along.

2. Chili's Molten Chocolate Cake. There is nothing so delicious as creamy fudge oozing out of chocolate cake with a hard chocolate shell. Good Golly Miss Molly!


3. ANY flavor of ice cream (especially Ben & Jerry's) except spumoni.

4. Grey's Anatomy. 'Nuff said.

5. Perfume and scented lotions. My favorite perfumes are Issey Miyake and Armani Code. And pretty much anything at Bath and Body Works smells great.

6. Great-tasting tap water. Unfortunately, we don't have any here in Southern California.

7. The smell of water on cement, especially when it's warm. Like when you were little and got out of the pool and lay down on the hot cement to warm up. Oh yeah.

8. Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you still have three hours before your alarm goes off.

9. Getting a surprise gift from someone and realizing it's something that you actually really want and/or need.

10. The smell of books! I can't tell you how often I'm in a library or bookstore and open books just to smell them while I flip the pages.


Ahh, just what I needed today, a list to remind me of the little things that I can enjoy when times are rough. For more feel-good, silly stuff, head over to Crayl's Beyond Black and White.

1 comment:

Crayl said...

Although I do love Spumoni, even the name is fun to say Spoo Moan E...I agree with most of your list! Silly is good!
:)