Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday ~ Numbers



You'll have to excuse my list this week.

I was planning on doing a fun number list, and I know the whole point of Crayl's carnival is to list things we're thankful for, but the day has not been going as planned. Right now my job is quickly sucking me dry of my will to live, so you'll have to put up with a rant about all the numbers that are irritating me right now.

If you'd rather not, I completely understand.


3: The number of cups of coffee I've had so far today that don't seem to be working.

6: The number of coworkers who are especially irritating today.

2: The number of cats who are currently suspects in a crime committed yesterday involving cat poop and a plant on our staircase.

4: The number of people who passed the plant on the staircase and did absolutely nothing about the situation except to yell out that it smelled.

2: The number of plastic bags I had on my hand while I rooted around in the dirt searching for the source of the smell.

15: The number of minutes it took for me to find the poop, dispose of it, and vacuum up the dirt scattered around the plant.

43: The number of minutes it took both Ralph and I to force two of my stepsons to get their room to look better than a war zone that had been savaged by a hurricane, tornado, and earthquake all at once.

17: The number of empty hangers in closet of said bedroom that supposedly didn't exist for the boys to hang any of their clothes.

5,000: The number of decibels at which a war video game was being played last night while I was trying to read.

1: My last nerve. The number will soon be going into negative integers.

For much more positive Ten on Tuesday lists, head over to Crayl's blog, Beyond Black and White.

P.S. Just so no one thinks I am completely hopeless as a decent human being, I really am grateful that I have 1 job to pay the bills, 1 wonderful partner in this 1 life, 3 stepsons, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 turtle, 1 tarantula, 17 fish, 2 cars that run, and 1 roof over my head. Yeah, it all adds up to a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Crayl said...

live really is an important thing, I hope the situation changes so you get yours back.

Oh, and less poop issues, cuz, eww.
:)
Bravo on your list, even if it is icky things. I am glad you wrapped it up with things you are thankful for!!!