Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Countdown to 40 ~ 7 Days

Dear Ralph,

I can't believe there is only a week left until your birthday! One virtue of yours that I think must have improved with age is your sensitivity to others and your ability to assess situations.


You can tell when one of the boys needs a break, or when they have been pushed too hard. You also do the same for me. You know when I'm at my limit, and you are so good at knowing when I just need to escape and take a day to myself.

You are also good at discussing consequences with the boys and granting a reprieve for time served or good behavior. The boys know that you can be reasonable and they feel comfortable coming to you to plead their case.

Thank you for helping us over our rough patches and giving us a pardon when we need it.

Love,
Heather

No comments: