Monday, March 23, 2009

Countdown to 40 ~ Happy Birthday!!

Dear Ralph,

Happy Birthday! You somehow survived to 40 years old, and you don't even look it :) This is my favorite virtue of yours, even though at times it seems elusive.


Even though you don't put it out on display, your family and friends see it all the time. You love your boys with such intensity that it shows in every action of yours. It also shows in the fact that you have full custody of them and fought long, hard battles to get them. I still can't believe that you would drive over 400 miles just to see them for a weekend. They are always at the forefront of your mind, right where they should be.

Even though we aren't mushy-gushy with our displays of affection, I still know you love me just by the way you keep me in your thoughts all the time. I love that when we are apart, you always call to make sure I'm safe and having fun. You always let me know I'm on your mind, and you go out of your way to be generous in ways I never thought possible.

You open your home and your heart to your family whenever you can, and you stand by them always. Nothing is ever too much to ask for someone you love, and we are all better off because of it.

Thank you for being such a loving man who cares deeply for his family and friends. I am so lucky to have you in my life, and I hope we get to spend 40 more years together.

Love,
Heather

No comments: