Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ The Ubiquitous U


Or should I write 'you' so people don't think I'm saying 'Uh?' Okay, I'm probably the only idiot who would think to get mixed up about that. Plus, I don't know how to make those umlauds or whatever they're called.

For some reason, I was having a tough time with U this week. I kept thinking of words like ungrateful, urine, underbelly, and udder. So I had to break out the family dictionary, which has seen better days:


I love it, even if it is over 30 years old. I know, I know, I could look online for 'you' stuff, but I like perusing an actual dictionary I can hold in my greedy little hands. Unfortunately, Webster wasn't all that helpful (I decided to peek at Crayl's list to get me started), but I managed to come up with these Us to be thankful for:


UNAMBIGUITY
I love people who aren't wishy-washy, directions that are clear, and ideas that are solid.


UNCANNY instances


The sense of accomplishment and relief that accompany UNTYING a difficult knot


UNDERWEAR
no explanation needed, I hope


being UNDERWATER


our great big UNIVERSE


UPROARIOUS situations


fancy UPDOS

(source)

feeling USEFUL


UTENSILS
not that any of my cavemen use them


Hey, how 'bout that? Made it to ten. For more grateful lists, check out Crayl's blog, Beyond Black and White.


No comments: