Friday, October 15, 2010

Boys




I was clicking around in blogland today and some pictures I came across made me remember some of the random thoughts that pass through my head quite often. Thoughts about the creatures that live in my house.

Being the sole female in our home for three years now, I've come to the conclusion that there are just going to be things about boys that I will never understand. It's better to just accept this fact and move on with my life.

Below is a list of some of the things that I've had to come to terms with, some recently and some since the day I walked in the door. Many are specific to just the uh, "men" in my house, but I think many of these run through every boy's brain.


1. "Bloody knuckles" is an awesome game to play.


2. Shirts make for perfect napkins and hands are the most practical utensils to use.


3. Taking a picture of your female dog humping your male dog and then making it your cell phone's wallpaper is the best idea ever.


4. Even though you have football practice every day in 90° heat, showering is still optional.



5. Using a cell phone to create a YouTube video of you dancing while in a (non-dancing) academic class is totally acceptable [but you don't understand why no one else thinks so].


6. Wrestling is a mandatory form of communication.


7. Girls are more important than teachers, school, parents, and common sense, but not more important than video games.


8. The "no pants sagging halfway down your butt" part of the school dress code should be eliminated.


9. Haircuts are for sissies.

[Okay, that's really only one of them, and he's finally growing out of that stage. Thank God.]


10. LOUDER is ALWAYS better.


And last, but certainly not least:

11. When in doubt, fart.



Any that I missed?


Happy Friday everyone.

No comments: