Saturday, October 2, 2010

Breakfast Club





My only day to sleep in is Saturday. I know, I know, some people never get a chance to sleep in. However, when my alarm normally goes off at 3:30 AM, I really enjoy being able to catch a few more winks on the weekends.

Unfortunately, at any given time one of the teenagers in my house sees it as their main duty to drive me completely insane. Which is why this conversation last night didn't really surprise me as much as just irritate me.


10:00 PM

"So, Heather, you don't have to wake me up tomorrow, 'cause I already set my alarm."

"For what? It's Saturday."

"For Saturday school."

"You have that again?"

"Yeah, remember I told you last week?"

"NO."

"Well, I do. So can you drive me and Johnny?"

"I drove last time. Can't Johnny's mom drive this time?"

"I don't know, and anyway I don't have Johnny's phone number. He got his phone taken away again."

[swearing under breath] "Fine. But I'm not driving you next time. You need to check with Johnny's mom to get a ride. Otherwise, you're walking."

"Okay."

At 7:00 this morning I slept-walked to the car with three teenagers in tow (apparently the other bleary-eyed kid who slept over at Johnny's had Saturday school, too). When we arrived at the school, it was a little sad to see just how many other kids were stumbling out of their parents' cars onto campus.

Definitely more than just a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal.



I suppose I should look on the bright side. This way, I finally have time to go on the computer without having to push another teenager off Warcraft; never an easy task.

Plus, with one teen's birthday today, and a football game of said teen's to attend, the day's pretty full as it is. I guess I count myself lucky that I get a head start. (Kind of.)

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.


I think I'm going to go watch a John Hughes' movie.


No comments: