Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday Musings; Tuesday Edition



Looking back on January I see that I didn't do as badly on my organizing goals as I thought I would. I completed 16 of the 21 days of organizing challenges at a bowl full of lemons, and I'm still working on number 17: the mail. The reason this one is taking so long is because it's evolved into an upheaval of my entire filing system.

The last four challenges were keepsakes, the master closet, photos, and then one of our choice. While the master closet might not take too long, the other specific challenges will take a while, certainly longer than one day. But I have to say, I'm impressed that I got so far. Toni's doing weekly challenges now, which I think are more my speed. This week's is to make a home management binder, which I've tried in the past and failed miserably. I think binders aren't my thang. I do still plan on checking in on her challenges weekly, to see what I am capable of doing.

This weekend was full of yard work. Well, not for me. I got to stay indoors and watch from the window. All the manly men went out and turned the soil with manly tools. [Insert a "Tim the Tool Man" Taylor gorilla grunt.]



Lots of backbreaking work.



But there's always time to spread the love.


As for me, I was sent in a downward spiral of depression that I still haven't found my way out of. I usually try to pull myself out of a pit like this by rationalizing with myself, like saying, "Hey, at least you have a job, a roof over your head, and enough food to eat. And it's not like you have to wrestle man-eating sharks or anything." The crazy thing is that depression is one of those dementias that makes you think, "I'd rather be wrestling a man-eating shark than dealing with this. At least then I'd be living in the moment." [I'm sure Ralph's thinking, "Wanna live in the moment? Get one of those pick axes and help me break up some of these dirt clods."]

I know. It sounds crazy. It is. The fog is starting to lift, though, and hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things soon. Until then I just have to fight the urge to pull the covers over my head and hibernate for a few weeks.

sorry. editors' humor


No comments: