Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Triage

My mom was an ICU and CCU nurse for 20 years. She always talked about how they had to deal with the most pressing and dire issues first and just get to the rest later. Like if someone has a compound fracture with their splintered fibula sticking out of their leg at a 90-degree angle and then goes into cardiac arrest, the heart is going to be dealt with first and the bone just has to wait.

I'm having to do that with my life right now. This blog is like a gangrenous appendage (I mean that in a good way!) that would normally get much attention but the rest of my life is a ruptured appendix right now. Hopefully there won't have to be an amputation.



2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Just had a month that should be written off my life's history myself. Hoping things get better SOON!

LarryLilly said...

I just looked at several posts, I peed reading the Unicron spam.

As far as the ups and downs, its all relatize. You cant enjoy the good without knowing the down. Life is best enjoyed when you have felt the finality of death, beauty when ugly rears its head, love when loss has been shoved in your face, etc.

Life is a balancing act best played with no feet on the ground. Easier to roll with the swings.

Peace out