Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Google

from the Google site itself


Google is 13 years old today.


I remember vividly a conversation I had with a computer programmer probably around the time Google came into being. I was getting my teaching credential at the time, and I was trying to gather information for various papers I was writing for my classes. I recounted to him that I had spent quite a while on the computers at the college library trying (unsuccessfully) to find sources and other info.

I remember telling him that I didn't think this World Wide Web thing was really going to take off. There wasn't that much information on it, and what articles I could find were only in bits and pieces. I was not very impressed.


At least I never claimed to be a forward thinker.


Or someone with more than two brain cells.


No comments: