Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Limited Medium

I came across this quote the other day on the Nester's site and thought it was apropos to my life right now.

Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle the artist wages with his limited medium.

—Matisse

Well, the limited medium part, anyway. Seems like my life doesn't quite make good blog fodder, so I haven't had much to write lately. I have to hope, though, that if I continue to try and make posts out of nothing but ordinary, everyday type stuff, that somehow some beauty will come from creating them.

Does anyone else feel like their lives are just too boring to write about?




1 comment:

Loralee said...

I find that as a mom my life is pretty repetitive--deliver kids to school, deliver kids to sports, clean up. Work on some writing or candy experiments when I can squeeze it in, but mostly it's lots of kid stuff. So lately when people have been asking me how I'm doing, or what we're up to, I'm stumped. Same old, same old...so what do I talk about?