Friday, January 20, 2012

Wuurd. 2012.

I was still having a heck of a time picking my word and had basically decided to give up when I noticed that Layla was having a link up party.

I thought that this would be good accountability for me if I put it out there for others to see. So I mustered up what brain power I could and finally came up with



It's funny, because that word was on my original list but I had completely forgotten about it.

Focusing on anything has always been hard for me. I get sidetracked easily and never end up finishing half of what I start out to do. I figure by actually focusing on well, focusing, it might help me to stay on whatever path I take this year.


One thing I've noticed about myself is that I suck at multitasking. I really can't focus on more than one thing at once. Well, at least not anything important. I can fold laundry and watch Real Housewives at the same time just fine.



I think I get nervous about focusing because I think I'll get bored or won't know what to focus on in life. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? But I think I try to fill my attention with a bunch of different things because, really, I don't know what the focus of my life should be right now. I'm avoiding thinking about it. Well, time to stop avoiding.

(source)


I hope this process won't be too painful, but in a sense, all growth requires a bit of growing pains, right? I want to look forward to this year as a year of growth. And possibly a year of discovery. And that can only be achieved if I really focus on what's going on.



No comments: