Monday, March 2, 2015

Not So Rainy

I thought it was going to storm this weekend, so I planned a lot of inside, cozy activities.  Turned out it merely sprinkled, but I still had a lovely weekend inside.  I always feel a little guilty when the sun is shining and I'm not outside enjoying it or doing something productive in it.  Of course, living in Southern California, I pretty much feel guilty all the time since the sun is perpetually shining.  Luckily I had a bit of cloud cover for the past couple of days, so the guilt was assuaged a bit.

I worked on some more tea cup candles, this one is a gift a friend wants to give to a fellow tea lover. When I first poured the melted wax inside, it looked exactly like a cup of hot tea:



Then it hardened and looked a little like I'd put some creamer in it:









I also came very close to completing a baby blanket I've been working on for months.  I finished all the squares, and just have to connect them and crochet a border.




It's taken me such a long time because I had to completely redo it from the original pattern.  It was a "circle to squares" pattern, and I completely botched it and had to redo it.  

Yuck!

Luckily some lovely ladies in a crochet forum told me what I was doing wrong.  

Unravelling and starting over.  Story of my life.  Ha!




It took me too long to do the original pattern, so I reverted back to my old tried-and-true granny squares.  If I'd tried to do the other one it would have taken me a lot longer, and the child is already five months old as it is!  She'd be a teenager by the time I was done.

Since it was bit cooler than usual (even in SoCal) I defrosted some of Ralph's delicious pozole leftover from the holidays.  This soup/stew is perfect for a cold night and it freezes beautifully.  (That reminds me of a scene from Steel Magnolias.)


I also finally watched Gone Girl, which I liked, but not as much as the book.  In both, however,  I was left shaking my head, thinking, "Man, these people are psychotic!!"

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend.




No comments: