Monday, August 4, 2008

"Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you feel happy." ~ Homer Simpson


This weekend started well, but ended up with the Sunday Blues. This happens more often than not, as long as I can remember. Friday evening and Saturday are great, but Sunday comes and hits me with this feeling like I've wasted it all. Too late to go do something fun (not true, usually), and not enough energy to do it anyway. For some reason I end up craving the routine of work so as not to be filled with the empty void that is Sunday afternoon.

I usually try escapism in some form or another, mainly movies or books. Ralph and I watched a couple of movies, and I was able to get my mind off of things for a while. But then the boys came home, tired and grumpy from a day at a water park, and didn't mention they were hungry until pretty late. Then Ralph and I (mainly Ralph) had to kind of hurry up and make dinner when it was already getting dark (he was BBQ-ing so it made things hard in the dark).

The boys continued to stay grumpy and say they were bored and there was nothing to do. Yeah, it's awful that we don't have any TV, computer, or video game units for the poor things to play with, let alone any skateboards or a large pool to swim in. So deprived...

I know I shouldn't have let it get to me, but I was already down, and the attitudes didn't help. Plus, it made me feel bad for Ralph since they said they wanted to go to their mom's for the rest of their vacation. That's a whole issue in and of itself; long story. It just made me feel really overwhelmed, especially since I really can't do much in that situation.

Something else that got me down this morning was when I was checking one of my regular blogs and it had a post that made me feel like the person was being very hypocritical. It made me sad because I had looked up to this person for a while, and they talked often about ideals that meant a lot to them (and me). But this particular post showed how they could quite easily throw their ideals to the side when they weren't convenient.



I'm finding that kind of behavior more and more often these days. It makes it hard to believe in any one particular movement anymore. Sigh.


Hopefully I'll find something uplifting to think about today.



No comments: