Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Goin' Green, Diva Style

***Warning*** Men, avert your eyes and click onto another blog. (Except for my friend Charles. He has to read this.)


Seriously.

Okay, you've been warned.




I have a confession to make.

I. am. in. love.

And not just with my boyfriend.

(Sorry, honey.)

He's very understanding, but he does not want to hear about it.

Ever.

He won't even read this post because it would cause him physical pain.

The new love of my life is Ms. Diva.


I found her on Crunchy Chicken's blog. Crunchy actually challenged us to fall in love with her. For me it was no challenge; I was head over heels.

Who is she? She is a robust, medical-grade piece of silicone that replaces all your other menstrual products forever.

What do I love about her? Let me count the ways...

* She is independent and knows how to take care of everything on her own.
Say goodbye to having to buy any more paper or plastic products again.

* She loves the environment.
Since you won't have to buy disposable items anymore, you won't be adding to landfills or anywhere else those things end up.

* She is accommodating.
She comes in two different sizes so that every woman can experience the Diva. (She says to pick according to your age, but I would go by whether you've had children or not.)

* She isn't demanding.
You only have to see her twice a day. And even then, she doesn't ask much. Simply that you rinse her out and wash her off. That's all she'll ever want or need.

* She packs light.
She's very small and brings her own suitcase pretty little bag on vacation.

* She's dependable.
You never have to worry about leaks.

* She's easy. (And she doesn't mind if you call her that.)
Some people say she takes a little getting-used to, but really, she's super simple.

I won't go so far as to say she's cheap, although she wouldn't mind that, either. She's around $30. But when you think of how much you spend on disposables, she'll more than pay for herself within a couple of months. So yeah, Miz Thang's cheap, too.


I plan on having a life-long love affair with Ms. Diva, and I encourage all other women to do so too. Just click here. She's waiting for you.

Trust me, your husbands won't mind.

Just don't sing all her praises to them ad nauseam. It might make them jealous.

Or queasy.

For more ideas to fall in love with, head on over to Rocks in My Dryer.

No comments: