Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Setting Women's Lib Back 60 Years Or So


This is an excerpt of a real phone conversation that occurred last night. Twelve-year-old Ralphie had been practicing the art of pitting divorced parents against each other in order to get out of doing something.

Ex-wife: [on the phone] You shouldn't make the boys do so many chores. I told them that they wouldn't have to do chores if they come stay with me. [She currently has zero custody.]

Ralph: Well, it's part of being a family here. We all help out.

Ex: But Ralphie doesn't like the chores he has to do.

Ralph: We let them pick their chores from all the choices.

Ex: But really, emptying the dishwasher? I mean, I like Heather a lot, but there are just some things a woman should do.

Heather: [Too shocked to speak.]

3 comments:

AGSoccerMom said...

My 14 year old son empties the dishwasher at our house. My theory is I am teaching him to take care of himself one day. Even if every night it's a hunt for my dishes. Next is laundry. Hand in there.

Heather said...

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it! It can be difficult at times, to say the least.

We're going to try and get them into cooking, too. I can only imagine how Mom will feel about that!

I am ninja said...

I would just beat them and hang up on mom.