Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: The Quintessential Q

Image courtesy of Wikijunior
(by the way, it's a quoll, an animal I've never heard of)


1. Quirky ~ I like people who are a little offbeat.

2. Quill ~ The predecessor of the pen; many a great piece of writing was done with it.

3. QWERTY ~ Okay, this isn't a real word, but considering how we all use keyboards with this configuration, I figured it deserved a spot on the list. Plus, it's in the dictionary. I checked.

4. Qualified ~ I definitely like people who are competent.

5. Quartet/Quintet ~ Many amazing musical groups have these numbers.

6. Quarry ~ Where many of the minerals I use every day come from.

7. Quick-witted ~ A mix of being funny and intelligent; a wonderful combination!

8. Quiet ~ The beautiful sound of silence.

9. Quest ~ It's always good to have an adventurous goal; it's what keeps us striving for more.

10. Quaint ~ Charming and a little old fashioned. I love this type of style.


For more querulous Qs, head on over to Beyond Black and White!

3 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

I loved your Q-Choices... You made me smile. QWERTY, isn't that something I have to type in as a word verification? LOL

You reminded me of one of my favorite quotes from Man of La Mancha

"This is my Quest, to follow that star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far"

Blessings...

Crayl said...

Quirky and Quick Witted are brilliant Q words. I can't believe I don't have quartet myself! Thanks for joining in, hope to see you next week for R's.

Amy said...

quite brilliant list!