Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Giving Thanks

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2008/10/thankful-month.html



I feel sorry for Thanksgiving. I really do. I think most people think of it as simply a gateway holiday to Christmas. (Once you start celebrating, you can't stop at just one...)

I happened to be floating lazily around in the blogosphere and clicked on the above icon from The Mother Load's blog. I read the post on South Breeze Farm, describing thinking of November as being a thankful month instead of simply one of waiting impatiently for the good stuff in December. I'm super late to actually "join" but I'm posting about it anyway, since it really only has to do with my own mindset, not about the challenge per se. For now, I'll simply start creating my "thankful" list on my sidebar and see what I can come up with to remind me how blessed I really am and how much I have to be thankful for.

Mindful thankfulness. What a concept.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Welcome to a month of Thanksgiving. Found your link on Leah's blog and came to visit. My daughter says her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving cause what other day do you have pie for breakfast, watch a great parade, have a great dinner, more pie all spent with the people you love most in the world. I like her attitude.
Your kitty pictures are cute too by the way.