Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: Yahoo for Y!



Image courtesy of Leo Reynolds' flickr album

Ten things I'm thankful for that involve the Yelping Y!

Yarn ~ I love crocheting and felting. I swear, Michaels has made a fortune off me from yarn sales alone.

Yearbook ~ I love looking back through all of mine, although I wish I could retake some of my hideous class pictures!

Yogurt ~ I eat it almost every day. My favorite is the frozen kind, of course!

Yummy ~ One of my favorite adjectives.

Yuck(y) ~ Another one of my favorite descriptive words and statements.

Youth ~ As they say, it is wasted on the young...

Yeast ~ It's in all my favorite carb-laden treats.

Year ~ So much can change in 365 days.

Yourself ~ Wherever you go, there you are.

Yawp ~ (A harsh cry or yelp.) In the movie, Dead Poet's Society, Robin Williams recites a line from a Walt Whitman poem: "I sound my barbaric YAWP over the rooftops of the world." It has always stuck with me. Here's the scene:



For more yammery Y words, head over to Crayl's Beyond Black and White!


3 comments:

marky said...

yawp..how could I forget that one!!
Great list!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love "Yawp"! It's all about DPS. Such a classic. It makes me want to leave work and go watch it. Hmmm... :)

Crayl said...

I forgot how young Robin Williams was in that movie. Fabulous list,as usual! And FYI, I am a 'freeforall' kinda of crotcheter, I make stuff up sometimes.I never use patterns, at least not yet.:)