Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten on Tuesday ~ The Hilarious H



Holy Hausfrau! It's the Humongous H! I'm thankful for the following H words:


Health ~ Too bad I take it for granted until I'm feeling under the weather.

Happiness ~ Need I elaborate?

Hammocks ~ The best things to read and nap in. Period.

Hippos ~ For some reason, I have always loved these odd, often angry "water horses."

¡Warning: Sidetrack alert!
How cute is this??

"It is incredible. A-less-than-a-year-old hippo has adopted a male tortoise, about a century old, and the tortoise seems to be very happy with being a 'mother'...."


"After it was swept away and lost its mother, the hippo was traumatized. It had to look for something to be a surrogate mother. Fortunately, it landed on the tortoise and established a strong bond.


They swim, eat and sleep together," the ecologist added. "The hippo follows the tortoise exactly the way it followed its mother."


Say it with me folks. "Awwwwwwwww."

Okay, sorry. Back to our regularly-scheduled program.

Handkerchiefs ~ I'm always on the lookout for cute ones. In my quest to be green, I always try to carry one with me instead of relying on tissues.

Hand-me-downs ~ It's how I get some of the best of my clothes! For free!

Honeydew melon. Simply delicious.

Heat ~ I can't stand the cold.

Humor ~ Ralph's sense of humor is what first attracted me to him.

Home ~ The best place to be.

For more hijinks and hilarity, head over to Beyond Black and White.

1 comment:

Crayl said...

We have a wonderful Hammock, but it was purchased 3 houses ago, to fit perfectly between 2 palms by the pool....alas,we never had the chance, and now we don't have anywhere to hang it. :(

I like your side track too, too cute.