Thursday, February 19, 2009

Countdown to 40 ~ 33 Days

Dear Ralph,

There are only 33 more days until your 40th birthday. And while many people (especially drivers on the freeways) might disagree with me, I definitely think this is one of your virtues:


Maybe not all the time, but when it counts, you are very patient, especially with me.

You are definitely someone who keeps your head while those around you lose theirs, and you somehow deal with all the ensuing craziness in a patient manner. I am constantly amazed that you can be so calm and patient with the needy people you are surrounded by each day. They are quite often demanding and most often they are causing you more work and headaches due to their own ineptitude. And yet, through it all, you take it all in and make it all come out okay.

Most important to me, you are patient with your family and loved ones. Thank you for being the rock when I need to fall apart, and thank you for being so calm, cool, and collected when I'm the one who's running around yelling about the sky falling.

Love,
Heather

No comments: