Saturday, March 14, 2009

Countdown to 40 ~ 10 Days

Dear Ralph,

There are only 10 days until your 40th birthday. The following is one of my absolute favorite things about you:


You'd think this would be obvious, but there are so many parents who see this as a chore, or who simply don't take the time to really interact with their children. You genuinely enjoy being with the boys, and have fought long, hard battles to be able to do so.

I love that you have never missed even one of their games, and have gone to every single parent conference, back-to-school night and every other school activity, even when you were a single dad and didn't really have the time. You have always made the time.

I love listening to all of you talk about your favorite activities together. Even though most of the time I don't understand what you guys are talking about, I love listening to you guys discuss everything from Warcraft to paintball.

I love that the boys call you up at work to ask you questions about their video games, knowing that you'll take the time to walk them through it. I also love that you take the time each morning to call them before they go off to school.

The bond between you guys is an amazing thing to behold. You are a truly awesome dad.

Love,
Heather

No comments: