Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ten on Tuesday ~ Boys will be Boys



Crayl's Ten on Tuesday list this week is summer themed. However, I feel compelled to make a list of something else I'm thankful for (plus, all of my summer things are already on her list ;).

Luckily, Crayl is quite flexible with these lists, and allows all thankful lists to be linked to hers.

My list this week is about my three stepsons. Originally, when this week started, I wanted to make a very different list for them. This past weekend was tough. Really tough. But as so often happens, the boys always end up making me smile, laugh, and be genuinely glad that I am in their lives.

So without further ado, here is the list of my ten reasons I'm thankful for my stepsons. In no particular order:

1. They don't hold grudges. They beat the crap out of each other and then sit down to play video games together as if nothing happened. Even when they are mad at me, they forgive very quickly. (I don't even have to duke it out with them first.)

2. They don't care if I haven't cleaned or dusted in weeks. I think they actually prefer a layer of grime on things.

3. They are always thankful whenever I do any kind of baking, no matter how burnt the result is.

4. They are easily amused, and their laughter is infectious.

5. Even though they're in full-blown teenhood, they still like things such as Spongebob Squarepants, which makes me thankful that they're not growing up too fast.

6. They are fiercely, almost violently loyal.

7. They all have soft spots for little kids and animals.

8. They adore their father and still scream in hysterical laughter when he takes all three of them down in a tickle fight. The bond between all of them transcends human comprehension.

9. They have a strong sense of duty. They are always willing to help a friend in need, an underdog, and even a frazzled step-mom when she's bringing in groceries.

10. Heck, I'm even thankful when they leave the seat up; it allows the dogs easier access to "fresh" water when they're inside. Ha!

For more thankful lists, head over to Beyond Black and White.





image source

1 comment:

Crayl said...

I adore this list.
:) Oh, and happy birthday last month!