1 hour ago
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Ten on Tuesday ~ Thankfulness
Time to pull myself out of my misery and find 10 things to be thankful for. (I know there are waaaayy more than that.) Thanks, Crayl!
1. Gobstoppers candy. I get them at the Dollar Tree. I only like the green and purple ones, but they usually have a bunch of those in the box. I've been munching on them all morning. Yum!
2. Man oh man, am I glad that it cooled down last night so I could sleep! It hit 100° here yesterday, and I was expecting it to stay sweltering long into the night. Luckily, it cooled down quickly. Thank goodness!
3. I am thankful that my two youngest stepsons were very understanding about not being able to get the paint we wanted for their bedroom yesterday. (The lady in the paint department was supposed to be working in the fabric department, but I guess they were short-staffed. She went through four cans of paint trying to get the color right, and eventually ran out of cans.)
4. I'm thankful that this round of cystic acne is finally starting to go away.
5. I'm thankful that one of our cars still runs without having to fill up the coolant fluid every four miles.
6. I'm thankful that Ralph's dad's memorial/anniversary of his passing went well on Saturday. Got to see a lot of family.
7. I'm thankful that all the dogs seem to be getting along really well, and Rhino doesn't seem to be in any danger of getting eaten.
8. I'm VERY thankful that my most recent bout of depression appears to be over. It's weird how it hits me sometimes with no warning. Ralph is so supportive and helpful when I have these episodes.
9. I am thankful every day that we get to work and back in one piece. (120 miles a day on So Cal freeways is just asking for trouble.)
10. I am thankful that, for the time being, work is going fairly well and there hasn't been too much drama lately. I know it's only temporary, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
For more reasons to be thankful, head over to Crayl's blog, Beyond Black and White.
Labels: ten on tuesday