Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cookie Dough Pie!


First off, I have to let you know that I stole lovingly re-created this recipe from Marin's Creations. Here's her post on the delicious recipe. I even had to use her picture since the one we made was eaten so fast I didn't have a chance to run for my camera!

Doesn't that look scrumptious?


This is a super-simple recipe that requires no baking or heat whatsoever. This makes it even better because
a)
your kids can make it for you while you relax and put your feet up help you and
b)
you don't have to turn on the *!#& oven in 100° heat.

Thank you Marin!

Okay, on to the important stuff.


Ingredients:
*1 package (~16 oz.) chocolate chip cookies. (Marin used Chips Ahoy but I'm cheap so I just used the store brand.)
*8-12 ounces Cool Whip (Marin used 8 ounces, my stepsons and I added quite a bit more. We're pigs like that.)
*1 cup milk

Directions:

Dip the cookies in milk one by one. Shake off the excess milk and then place in a pie plate. You can break the cookies to fill in the gaps. (Don't worry, this is not an exact science; it's okay if the pieces don't fit perfectly together.) On top of the layer of cookies, put a layer of Cool Whip. Repeat these layers twice more, ending with a nice thick layer of Cool Whip. Drizzle (or gush, if your kids are doing it) chocolate syrup on top and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours. (We only lasted two.) Slice and enjoy!

My stepsons said "Mmmmmm!" with every bite and I had to beat them off my piece with a stick. It was so easy to make that I think I will have them make it for me at least once a week.

I expect to have gained 10 pounds by August.


For more delectable and delicious summer recipes, head over to We Are THAT Family's Works for Me Wednesday's carnival!

1 comment:

Veggiemomof2 said...

Only 10 lbs? If this is a good as it sounds, I'll be happy w/only gaining 10 lbs! :)