Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WFMW ~ Deodorant Stone


Since it's the middle of summer and temperatures in the IE are consistently in the three-digit numbers, I thought this post about deodorant would be appropriate. Seriously, this is what my thermostat read this morning at 3:30 AM:

(Can you tell we don't use air conditioning? Yes, please feel sorry for me.)


I had been using my own homemade deodorant, which did work well and was pretty cheap. Just equal parts of coconut oil, baking soda, and cornstarch. It kept me totally stink free! Only problem was that the baking soda was a bit harsh on my skin and it would sometimes leave white marks on my clothes.

So....

when I finally ran out, I thought of trying the deodorant stone.



Let me tell you, this thing is amazing! All you do is wet it and rub it under your arms. You'll think that it won't work because you won't feel anything at all; no residue, nothing. But as you go on with your day, you'll realize that you don't smell AT ALL. It is seriously the coolest thing I think I've ever tried.



You can buy them pretty much anywhere nowadays, but I got mine online here for a little under three bucks. It even comes with its own nifty little dish. They say it should last at least a year, so it's a superb deal, especially considering how expensive other deodorants are nowadays. Plus, those deodorants never work, they just mask the odor for a while.

Seriously, people, it worked in 103° heat, and I swear it even kept me from sweating as much, too (although that could all be in my head). Try it. Now. I can smell you from here.


For more amazing finds, tips, tricks, and general cool information, check out We Are THAT Family's WFMW carnival.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Hello! I'm visiting from We Are That Family. I've seen these deodorant stones before and wondered if they really work. I guess you have put it to the test without using AC....ugh. How do you manage?! I'd die! Now that I know the stone works...I'm going to buy one :)

Jennifer said...

I've never heard of these before. Thanks for sharing the info!

Summer said...

I'm seeing these recommended all over the place. I'll have to try one!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jenny said...

That's good to know! Does it leave deodorant marks on the clothes?

Heather said...

@Jenny: No, it leaves NO marks or residue! It's like you have nothing on at all :)