Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Twenty on Thursday (Wha??)

If procrastination was an Olympic event, I'd take home the gold every four years like clockwork. That being said, I have actually been pretty busy, so I'm combining my C and D "Ten on Tuesday" lists in a meager effort to catch up. Without further ado:



CHOCOLATE. 'Nuff said.

CAKE WRECKS. I love you so. You bring me much happiness and hideous cakes.


CAFFEINE. Don't come near me until I've had some.

COLOMBIA. Living there opened my eyes to a lot of things, including the fact that it is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

The CAR-pool lane. With the amount we drive, it cuts down our daily commute by half.

Knowing how to CROCHET.

Our new CAT, Zoe. Sweet, beautiful, and a good mouser to boot.


Running CROSS-COUNTRY. Some of my happiest memories are of being on the high school cross-country team.

My CAMERA. I love taking pictures to remember important events of my life.

COMEDY. We all need some in our lives. Makes the world a happier (and funnier) place.





DOUGLAS. My last name. My heritage. My brother and I actually found the Douglas castle in Scotland. There was one half of a turret left. And a bunch of sheep.

Our four mangy mongrels DOGS.

Blue, our regal pit bull (not the sharpest tool in the shed, but a sweetie nonetheless).

Regal Blue



Coco, in her favorite position. She literally keels over and flops onto the tile the minute she comes inside.

Pooped Coco



Daisy, our inherited Pom. She looks really bedraggled here because she was out frolicking in the rain. With her thick coat, she's apparently not aware of the cold as quickly as the other dogs are.



And Rhino, who absolutely loves to look pitiful. When Daisy came into our lives, he literally acted like he was dying. He crawled onto the couch and acted like he couldn't even lift his head. However, he made a miraculous recovery the very next day, and has not stopped pestering/loving Daisy since. They have hourly scuffles which include lots of rolling around and snarling.


Caught in the act.



The DOLLAR Tree. Awesome store. I can actually afford stuff in there.

DENTISTS. Okay, I'm not exactly thankful that I have to see them as often as I do. (Last week I got a third root canal on the same tooth. Yahoo!) However, since the alternative would be to either leave my teeth to rot in my skull or pull out them out with rusty pliers, I choose Door Number One instead, thankyouverymuch.

DAIRY foods. Namely melted cheese and ice cream. But not together.

DESSERT. In my opinion, it makes the world go 'round.




People who are DIRECT. I much prefer straight shooters to wishy-washy people who say one thing but are thinking something else entirely.

DEODORANT. I'm sure everyone around me appreciates it too. My favorite is the Deodorant Stone. It absolutely, positively works.

DAWN. My favorite time of day. I love being up before the rest of the world. It's my favorite time to run, too.

DAY light savings time. Even though it's awful having to get up an hour earlier, the fact that it stays lighter later totally makes up for it.

For more wonderful things for which to be thankful, head over to Crayl's blog, Beyond Black and White.

No comments: