Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Musings

I had a really busy weekend painting the family room and some of its furniture. I always try to get too much done in a small amount of time, and then end up being exhausted and disappointed in myself. Plus, it was hard to get too much done with an emotionally-needy pit bull trying to lick my neck every five seconds.


My insomnia has been off the charts lately. I tend to have two different patterns: not being able to fall asleep, and not being able to stay asleep. I'm currently not able to stay asleep. Usually I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and after that I spend the rest of the night tossing and turning. I've tried not to drink too much before bed; they say not to drink anything three hours before you go to bed. That means I would have to stop drinking at 4:30 in the afternoon. (Yes, that would mean I try to go to bed by 7:30. Don't judge. I get up at 3:30 AM.) With warmer weather coming, I might just turn into a raisin if I keep that up.

All I can say is I hope it's over soon. Only getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night feels like you are slowly and steadily losing your mind.

Okay, onto more positive things. Usually Cake Wrecks shows disastrous atrocities of cakes, but they have a Sunday Sweets version each week. This week there was a reading/storybook theme, and it brought back memories of my favorite books as a kid and as a teacher.

I used to read this one to my fifth graders on their last day of school, since they were moving on to middle school the next year.



I've always loved Where the Wild Things Are. A classic.



And of course, The Giving Tree. One of my absolute favorites.

Go here to see the rest.



It's a lot of people's favorite, apparently.






See more here. I love this site.



I just happened across a site that I originally found on Dooce. I Am Your Canadian Boyfriend is the hysterical site of Jason Sweeney. I love his drawings. And his imagination.






I especially liked this one, seeing as how it ties in so nicely with Friday's post. The title is comic sans is never funny.


Have a great week.


No comments: