Monday, July 26, 2010

Albino Apples and Wooden Fish




Okay, this made me laugh out loud. I just found this link over at Thrifty Decor Chick and I love the perspective the author puts on those seemingly-perfect catalog pictures. You know the ones; they have everything perfectly in place and make our own homes look positively uninhabitable in comparison.

(Actually, there are days that I wouldn't be surprised that others found my house uninhabitable. You know, the days where the boys leave half-empty cups of Kool Aid lying around for ant food, the spiderwebs are so huge that they look like we're already decorating for Halloween, there's a lovely aroma wafting through the house because one of the cats peed behind the plant on the landing, and the rest of the house looks like we're auditioning for Hoarders. Yeah.)

This made me feel so much better. Plus, I love the way she points out the ridiculousness of some of the objects shown, like random balls of twine piles of wooden fish.

All images from Catalog Living:








No comments: