Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Opposite

You know how people always say encouraging things like these?

"Go with your gut."

"Trust your instincts."

"Listen to that little voice in your head."


Lately, okay, mostly, I feel like all my natural instincts are wrong. Just when I think I've figured something out, it's not at all what I thought. When I approach a situation in what I think is the appropriate way, it blows up in my face. I swear, I should simply feed my gut, forget my instincts, and gag that little voice. Maybe then things would work out for the better.

That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where George comes to the realization that every decision he's ever made in life is wrong, and he's now going to do the opposite of what he thinks he should do.

I'm definitely going to try this.


1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

One of my favorite episodes EVER since it was clearly based on my life and my sound good/end up bad decisions.

;)