Thursday, September 26, 2013

Like Clockwork

Just like I have my annual rant about the weather in August, September/October seems to be the time when I write about slipping into another doldrum.  Heather Armstrong at Dooce does the same thing.  She mentioned one year that her therapist told her that March and September have the highest rates of suicides of all the months.  Maybe it's the shorter days, the gloomier weather.  Whatever it is, I'm just trying to slog through it as best I can.

This year Heather linked to a set of comics that depicted depression from the artists' points of view.  I really liked them, especially this one.  I'd seen it before, and I thought I'd share it here today.


Click to enlarge.



Check out the other comics.  It might help you understand if you don't suffer from depression but know someone that does.  And if you do suffer from it, it will give you some reassurance that you're not alone.


No comments: