Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Daily Kitties 12.30.08 ~ Organizing the Crafts Shelves

Yes, the kitties and I have officially been bitten by the organizing bug. Well, I have, anyway. The kitties love the ramifications of it, though.



I decided I couldn't handle my crafts shelves in the disheveled state they were in. I've basically just been shoving yarn, fabric, ribbon, glitter, gift wrap, and all other kinds of detritus into the black hole and closing the doors. (This is my usual form of "organization," by the way.) So when I finally got everything out, it looked like a tornado had picked up the nearest Joanne Fabrics or Michaels and dropped everything in the middle of our garage.





I also had about a gazillion plastic bags that I'd been saving to make projects like this:




I've taken a bit of a break from that, though, so I don't need to keep all those millions of bags. So most of what Bunny is laying in got tossed:


I also realized that, while baskets are pretty and can be used to organize some things, they don't really make good holders for all my craft stuff, since I have to stack them. They just end up looking like this:



Therefore, I decided to use plastic containers with lids instead. The kittens agreed that the baskets worked much better as nap spots or play houses:






Once I finally pulled out all the plastic bags and set them aside to recycle, I realized I had much more room. Then I put all my yarn and fabric, etc., in their own containers, and voila!




Look Ma! Clean couch!


Of course, some stuff like Christmas wrap and decorations has to be put up in the attic for storage:


But at least it's finally in boxes!

Much to the kittens' dismay, I decided to use the baskets to organize the laundry-room shelves.


I don't know if they'll ever forgive me.

"We are NOT amused!"


No comments: