Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ten on Tuesday ~ Winter

Today's Ten on Tuesday is about the season of Winter. Living in Southern California, we don't really get seasons, especially winter. But it does get a tad bit cooler and wetter down here in the early months of the year, and that is definitely something to be thankful about.

1. RAIN! We get so little of it here, and we need it so badly that I'm always happy when it rains, no matter how bad it makes traffic.

2. Cooler weather. The desert nights do get down to upper 30s, which I realize is not that cold compared to the rest of the country. But it's such a nice break from the rest of the year's heat. It's especially nice being able to sleep comfortably at night. (As comfortably as an insomniac can sleep.)

3. For this season, I don't have to worry about stuff that's supposed to be stored at "room temperature." During the rest of the year, room temperature hovers in the upper 80s and 90s, causing my makeup products to melt, food to spoil very quickly, and medicines to take up valuable real estate in the fridge.

4. All of my favorite shows are right in the thick of their season, and I get to watch some pretty awesome episodes. No one's on a summer-season hiatus!

5. I love all the holidays that happen in the winter: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day. Quite the trifecta.

6. My birthday! My mom said it was great being pregnant with me during winter months (in snowy Washington, D.C.) because she finally wasn't cold for the first time in her life.

7. It's a slower time; there's no baseball practice to rush off to or pool parties to attend. Most people hunker down inside with their families. I love the extra time we get to spend with each other, whether it's lingering over dinner, watching a movie together, or just being near each other.

8. The animals all get a winter coat, making them look extra fluffy and cuddly. They also like to snuggle more than usual.

9. Hot chocolate with marshmallows and hot apple cider.

10. I finally have a reason to knit scarves and hats for people (other than the fact that they are the only things I know how to make).


For more wondrous wintery lists, head over to Crayl's blog, Beyond Black and White.

1 comment:

Crayl said...

Fabulous list as always.