Thursday, May 26, 2011





I'm not the kind of blogger that plans my posts ahead of time in nice, organized themes. I'm more of the last-minute, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, procrastinating type. That's why most of my posts have the label "random bits" and usually have no rhyme or reason. Kind of like the rest of my life. Often it seems like my life is just a series of random bits somehow strung together in a way that makes absolutely no sense to me. Same with the thoughts in my head. Hence the following list (and name of this blog):


• Yesterday I was chased by no less than four dogs on my run. One got close enough to scratch my leg. Now I know why everyone I see out for an evening walk is carrying sticks. There is one woman who even walks with a golf club. I bought pepper spray.


• Lately I've had all these memories popping up out of nowhere about embarrassing things that happened to me in the past. I hate reliving those cringe-worthy times. Like the time I gave a presentation in my Spanish class about Japanese fighting fish only to find out later that it was supposed to be about Latino culture. Obviously my Spanish wasn't up to par.


• Recently I came across a quote in a magazine article by Eric Schmidt, the CEO of Google:


"Every two days we create as much information as we did from the dawn of time until 2003."


That kind of blew my mind.



• David Hasselhoff claims to have magical powers. He recorded a message to a boy in a coma, and when the boy's parents played the recording, the boy immediately woke up. Apparently the Hoff claims to have proof of this happening all over the world. There is so much to love about that man.


• We've put a lot of energy into fixing up the yard with a nice, luscious lawn for the dogs complete with shady trees yet Blue still insists on laying on the 105° cement in direct sun.


• I'm about three months behind in planting flowers in the garden. (If/when I finally do decide to plant them, I'm sure Blue will pick that as his new favorite place to cop a squat.)


• I have no idea what I'm doing in this picture from our recent trip up north but it looks like I have to go to the bathroom.



I also look like a bag lady.


*Edited to add:

I just input my blog into Wordle to see what would come up, and yes, it's just as random as everything else on here. (Also, I apparently type like I talked in the 80s since "like" is the biggest [i.e. most often-used] word on there.)






No comments: