Monday, August 10, 2015

So....

I've been gone awhile.

Can I just say that 2015 has kicked by butt so far?  Thankfully it's half over, so I can look forward to the end.  I'm not trying to be such a Debbie Downer, it's just that quite a few events have happened to make me want to hibernate until December 31st.  And yet, they say everything happens for a reason.

Starting with a major car accident in March.  A car basically tried to run us off the road and we ended up going sideways across all four lanes of the busy freeway, getting hit by at least two or three other cars in the process, and then pinballing back across all four lanes, ending in some ice plant.   Earlier that same day, I found a lump.  Yup.  In my breast.  After all was said and done, we (thankfully) walked away from the accident, but with a totaled car, and in the midst of checking up on our crash injuries, my doctors also discovered that yes, I also had the big "C."

The past few months have been filled with mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies, surgeries, and consultations, along with having to get another car and deal with all the fall out from the crash.  Wheee!!

The great news is, the surgery went well and my nodes and margins are clear!  Plus, I had an oncotype test that determined that my cancer is not aggressive, which means no chemo!!  We are now just waiting on the genetics test to see what treatment they recommend.  We're hoping for just radiation rather than a double mastectomy.  Either way, we are thankful that I've felt healthy so far and have been able to weather this storm pretty well, at least physically.  My mind has been a mess, but at least my body's holding up.

Here's to the rest of the year giving us a bit of a break.  (Although we have teenagers, so we can't bank on that ;)

Don't know how much I'll be online, as life's been keeping our schedules pretty packed.  I'm just trying to hold on for the ride right now.  And what a ride!



No comments: